My favourite meat free mid week meal, it’s super tasty, filling and nutritious!
If I’m even feeling I need some nourishing I always reach for Broccoli I love to spice it up with lots of Asian inspired flavours.
Serves 2 in under 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic chopped or minced
- 1 Thumb of ginger chopped finely
- 1 Red Chili chopped finely – seeds removed for a less spicy hit or keep them in to feel the heat
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 Red Pepper cut into strips
- 4 regular mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp of Sweet Chili sauce
- Splash of Fish Sauce
- Splash of Soy Sauce
- A small handful of cooked noodles
- 1 courgette spirialized
- 1 egg
- Chopped Peanuts and chopped coriander to serve
- Squeeze of 1 lime
Heat the coconut oil in a wok on a medium heat then add the onions and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger and red chili staying with a medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the broccoli and turn up the heat slightly and cook for 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms and peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Halfway through cooking add the Sweet Chili, fish and soy sauces.
Crack an egg into the pan and quickly mix it into the Pad Thai.
Finally add the noodles and courgette along with a squeeze of lime and cook for 5 minutes.
To serve place in a bowl with the chopped nuts and some coriander